Documentation for the Double Web Face project
Allows you to place a talking face on the Double telepresence robot and display questions for the user to interact with.
The face is displayed using web technologies, due to this, you can control the Double telepresence robot using the offical Double app.
This allows for:
- Superior audio and video feedback, from the cameras on the robot.
- Robust controls, including: parking, changing pole height, and basic maneuvering.
- Automatic reconnecting and adjustments between WiFi access points.
The above mentioned benefits stem from using the offical Double app at the core.
What this program allows you to do:
- Put a face on the Double robot.
- Speak through the robot using TTS.
- Show questions to the user.
Quick Install Guide
- Install all of the dependencies.
- Clone/download this repository and it’s contents.
- Start RUN.bat.
- Make sure your Python install location is properly included in your Windows PATH.
- Make sure Google Chrome is set as your default browser (Chrome is required for the Double web app).
- Be sure to save the VoiceRSS API key to a file called “api_key” in the same folder as “RUN.bat”.
- Answer “Y” to all the prompts (on first run).
- Set the Audio Router application to route VLC’s audio to the virtual audio cable.
- Make sure the virtual audio cable is set as your default microphone device in Windows.
- Optional: disable your webcam in the device manager.